- SEC-registered investment advisor founded in 1961
- Manager of equity portfolios since 1978
- Specializes in the stocks of utility and infrastructure-related companies
- Portfolio managers are supported by a highly experienced team of investment analysts
Reaves Asset Management believes that companies’ characteristics drive their investment outcomes. Reaves favors companies which possess some, or all, of the following characteristics:
- Operate in businesses with high barriers to entry
- Face limited competition / higher regulatory scrutiny
- Consistent, sustainable cash flow generation
- Profitable in both up and down economic cycles
- Dividends viewed as an important component of capital allocation
The Reaves research process begins with a thorough qualitative assessment of business fundamentals, including market and regulatory structures, competitive environments, and barriers to entry. Analysis is focused on identifying high quality assets with the ability to generate durable and growing cash flow streams. Companies that fit these investment criteria are then scrutinized by management quality, capital allocation, and governance. Valuation analyses are performed in the context of industry, market, and idiosyncratic factors. Individual analyst recommendations are thoroughly vetted for merits and risk via internal peer review. Ultimately, after vigorous internal debate, the firm’s portfolio managers strive for a consensus-driven approach to security selection.
To learn more about the Fund’s advisor, Reaves Asset Management, click here to go to the Reaves Asset Management website.
To learn more about the Reaves Asset Management Team click here.
UTG Portfolio Managers
John P.Bartlett, CFA
President, Portfolio Manager, Analyst
Timothy O.Porter, CFA
Vice President, Chief Investment Officer, Portfolio Manager, Analyst